Tuesday, November 29, 2011

All bets are...

Okaaaaay. So, it's been, what? Six weeks since my last post? Ooopsie. Where does the time go? Contrary to what you might think, I haven't been spending all my blog-posting time filing my nails or playing spider solitare (though I do kick butt in two suits...). Nay, I have actually been working. Srsly.

I think I mentioned eons ago--you know in my last post--that I'd gotten a freelance job and that started in earnest a few weeks ago. Very exciting stuff and I'm happy to be working on interesting topics and actually getting paid to do it. I also kinda sorta made a bet with a friend back in September--one that I'm sure I'll come to regret in about 60 days or so--that I would finish my novel by my next birthday (which is a milestone. IF you consider 39 the second time to be a milestone! Ha HA!  Aawwww). We agreed that I actually had until the end of January (which is my birth month) to do it. Part of the deal, I should mention here, is that my friend (Timmy!) promised he would not give me sh*t about working on it until the end of the month. So far, he's been holding up his end of the deal--I haven't heard a peep out of him (not even to heckle me about my lapsed blogging duties). Now I have to make good on my end. Because if not, I am so totally getting tsk-tsk'd from Tim (and it's MUCH worse than it sounds. Trust me).

I've made some progress, and good progress at that. Substantial, even. I just hope it's enough.

So, I just wanted to check in with the blogosphere before heading back down to the notebookosphere to make novel magic.

Here I go.

2 comments: